Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
I really wish I could find something positive to say about this book, especially since the summary made it sound like it was going to be a decent sports romance.
Unfortunately the reality was it wasn’t even a sports romance teetering on the edge of bearable.
The first half was bad due to the following:
1. the writing was fanfic-y
2. there was far too much squeaking, squawking, screeching by the characters
3. the main characters had no depth to them
4. the way Steve kept referring to himself as “Brother Steve” was really irritating
5. Kyle acted like a teenage girl over the John thing wondering why Payton had not called
And then we got to the halfway point and things took a turn for the worse:
6. WTF with the random stalkers?!
7. Kyle’s ex-girlfriend lies about being pregnant with his child and the next minute, even though she is revealed as a lying ho-bag, Kyle is thinking about getting back together with her and dumps Payton. Seriously, WTF?!?!?!?!
And at that point my perseverance failed.